24% of consumers will advance part of their Christmas purchases during 'Black Friday'

MADRID, 10 Nov.

24% of consumers will advance part of their Christmas purchases during 'Black Friday'

MADRID, 10 Nov. (EUROPA PRESS) -

24% of consumers will advance part of their Christmas purchases during 'Black Friday', which will be held on November 25, thus taking advantage of the day's discount offers, according to data from Aecoc Shopperview.

Specifically, the report shows that 64% of consumers plan to buy on the next 'Black Friday', while the remaining 36% say that they have never bought during this day and that they have no intention of doing so this year either.

The study data reveals what are the two main purchase reasons among consumers for 'Black Friday' this year. Thus, 37% of those who will buy during the day will look for the best offers and discounts, while 29% want to take advantage of this day of discounts to buy new products on the market at a better price.

Regarding the most sought-after categories, the survey shows that 84% of consumers plan to buy clothing, footwear and accessories, while 75% will look for computer, telephony and electrical appliances, and 71% will buy consumer products, such as perfumes, personal care items or drugstore.

In recent years, 'Black Friday' has become one of the dates indicated in the commercial calendar for the last quarter, and it has an important weight for the turnover of sectors such as electronic products.

The person in charge of the Technological Consumer Goods area, Óscar Jiménez, has warned that the accumulation of commercial milestones at the end of the year may affect the sales achieved. "In addition to the usual 'Singles' Day', 'Black Friday', 'CyberMonday' and the Christmas campaign itself, this year there is a World Cup that, for the first time, is held between November and December. This saturation of the calendar can generate a cannibalization in the results of each campaign", he advanced.

The Aecoc spokesperson recalled that, after the increase in sales of electronic products registered during the pandemic, GFK data show a general drop of 5% in the volume of sales and points out that the purchase of mobile phones may be the engine of the sector in this last quarter of the year. "The development of the telephony category will determine the end of the year for the sector", he specified.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS