SNCF : Guillaume Pépy boasts the timeliness of the TER

This is more than a matter of months before the current boss of the SNCF resigned his seat in December next. Before leaving, Guillaume Pépy wants to make a clea

SNCF : Guillaume Pépy boasts the timeliness of the TER

This is more than a matter of months before the current boss of the SNCF resigned his seat in December next. Before leaving, Guillaume Pépy wants to make a clean copy. In a long interview, he detailed the Sunday Newspaper the last of the projects that he leads within the railway company. Its motto: always more accessibility for users. In particular, this requires the installation of points of sale in the offices of tobacco. "95% of passengers have access to a station that has a solution sale," says Guillaume Pépy, who wants to go look for the remaining 5%. We are going from the month of June to experiment with the sale of tickets in the offices of tobacco in the four regions."

" READ ALSO - Guillaume Pepy presents the "new SNCF" 2020

in addition, as of 1 July, the call number 3635, accessible from 7 hours to 22 hours, to buy a ticket delivered by Mail, became a local number-non-premium. Guillaume Pépy has in particular reacted to the announcement of Emmanuel Macron and his intent to create houses of public services in each canton. "Where the SNCF does not have a window, it will be partner of the Houses in France Service announced last Thursday," said the boss of the SNCF. For small lines, he repeated loud and clear, that there is "no closure plan," insisting on the fact that some have been reopened, and others renovated.

" READ ALSO - TGV, TER, RER: the report denounces the delays endemic to the SNCF

Guillaume Pépy prides itself also the punctuality of its trains, a fortiori, of TER. "The regularity of the TER measured for the past five months has never been as good since ten years, is pleased by it. We have achieved an on-time rate close to 93%."

A new program "Ouigreen"

Some news also reported on the side of big lines: the State has in effect commanded, for a total amount of 700 million euros, "26 trains new able to ride at 200 km/h," says Pépy in the JDD. Trains that will be specifically designed to meet the lines Paris-Clermont-Ferrand and Paris-Limoges-Toulouse. The boss of the SNCF has also announced measures to soothe the discontent of travellers making trips province-province and often pay dearly for their tickets. "On the 9th of may, we will put in place reduction cards are more advantageous and less expensive", he said without giving more details regarding the reduction cards involved or the rates that will be implemented.

" READ ALSO - Guillaume Pépy: "The SNCF wants to be present in all the mobilities shared"

Guillaume Pépy gives appointment to its passengers at the next Black Friday, November 29, the date on which the SNCF has planned to launch a new loyalty program called "Ouigreen". "The kilometres travelled by train will be entitled to free hours of a scooter or electric car", says Guillaume Pépy at the JDD. Some innovations are also to provide on the application SNCF: from now on will users on the train, the mountain bike, carsharing, and carpooling. In this regard, the SNCF will work with Renault to a solution of car-sharing electric car at the station.

SEE ALSO: train tickets SNCF on sale now on Facebook Messenger

train tickets SNCF on sale now on Facebook Messenger - Look on Figaro Live

Updated Date: 02 May 2019, 00:00

Kathleen Lees

Lees


Contact Details

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS