Hospitalizations linked to COVID-19 are back on the downward slope in Quebec for the day on Friday, with 46 people who have left hospital centers in the last 24 hours.
• Read also: Rise in cases and hospitalizations: Dr. Boileau will provide an update on COVID-19 on Friday
In total, 2,176 people are still present in hospitals, including 738 patients who have been admitted due to the virus.
In intensive care, one less bed is occupied compared to the day before, for a number of 68 Quebecers still registered in this service.
Nearly 1,460 new cases detected by PCR tests were also reported in the Belle Province and 307 positive rapid tests which were self-reported. Sixteen additional fatalities were also recorded.
The situation is gradually improving in the health network where 6,334 workers are absent due to COVID-19, or 18 people who have returned to work in the last 24 hours.
– 1,145,558 people infected (1460*)
– 15,945 deaths (16)
– 6,334 healthcare workers absent for reasons related to COVID-19
– 2176 people hospitalized (1)
* 180 entries
* 226 outputs
– 68 people in intensive care (4)
* 13 entries
* 14 outputs
– 14,453 samples taken on July 26
– 266,855 self-declared rapid tests so far, including 222,934 positive: 348 declared for the day yesterday, including 307 positive.
* The number of cases listed is not representative of the situation, since access to screening centers is restricted to priority clienteles.