More and more seniors are choosing to settle in a seniors’ residence (RPA). It is an important decision that has long-term financial and psychological consequences. With Quebecers getting older and older, families need to make sure their elderly parents are making the right choice of accommodation. The Journal has prepared a short file, with our personal finance collaborators, to answer the most frequently asked questions.
• Read also: Housing for seniors: is the time right?
• Read also: Housing for seniors: a lease like no other
• Read also: Housing for seniors: buying in RPA, is it advantageous?
• Read also: Housing for seniors: Yes, you can keep your lifestyle
• Read also: Housing for seniors: shopping around for your private residence
FINDINGS ON ESTABLISHMENTS AND FACILITIES
EVOLUTION OF ACCOMMODATION PLACES
BREAKDOWN OF TYPES OF HOUSING AND LIVING ENVIRONMENTS IN QUÉBEC IN 2019-2020
SIZE OF RQRA MEMBER RESIDENCES
Sources: Extraction of data from the MSSS, Distribution of capacities and services authorized for the permit by facility, Information system on intermediate and family-type resources (SIRTF) and Register of private residences for seniors.