One of 24 women who accuse quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual assault during a massage therapy session has filed a lawsuit against the Houston Texans.
• Read also: Deshaun Watson will explain himself to the NFL
The pivot was playing for this NFL team when he allegedly did the things that many women blame him for.
In documents filed in a Houston court, it is alleged that the Texans were told their former footballer sexually assaulted and harassed women during massage sessions, but the organization did nothing to try to stop it. Stop. The club would have instead provided him with resources to enable his actions and turned a blind eye to his behavior.
“We are aware of the complaint filed against us today [Monday]. Since March 2021, we have fully supported and respected law enforcement and various investigations. We will continue to take the necessary steps to respond to the allegations against our organization,” the Texans said in a statement released Monday.
Last March, two Texas grand juries decided against bringing criminal charges against Watson. Subsequently, 24 women decided to sue the quarterback in civil proceedings. Last week, we learned that 20 of the 24 lawsuits had been settled out of court.
Watson was not used by the Texans in the 2021 season due to the allegations against him. He was traded to the Cleveland Browns this offseason and signed a new five-year contract worth a total of $230 million.
In the coming days, Watson is scheduled to have a hearing with the NFL in the matter and could be suspended for violating the tour's personal conduct policy. The 26-year-old athlete has always denied everything he was accused of.