"No risk of attack on Kyiv at present", according to the Ukrainian Minister of the Interior

"There is no risk of an attack on Kyiv at the moment," Ukrainian Interior Minister Denis Monastirsky said in an interview with AFP on Thursday, after more than 100 days of the attack.

"No risk of attack on Kyiv at present", according to the Ukrainian Minister of the Interior

"There is no risk of an attack on Kyiv at the moment," Ukrainian Interior Minister Denis Monastirsky said in an interview with AFP on Thursday, after more than 100 days of the attack. Russian invasion.

• Read also: [LIVE] 106th day of war in Ukraine: here are all the latest developments

• Read also: Three foreign fighters sentenced to death, the battle for Severodonetsk continues

• To read also: [PHOTOS] “Every day something burns”: despair and resignation in Lyssytchansk

"There is no concentration of Russian and Belarusian soldiers near the Belarusian border (more than 150 km to the north, editor's note), but we understand that all scenarios are possible in the future," said Mr. Monastirsky, wearing a military sweatshirt and seated in front of the Ukrainian flag in a large room.

"Preparatory work is underway" around the Ukrainian capital, said the minister, including "the preparation of the line of defense and the training of soldiers", to protect Kyiv from a possible offensive.

Relatively optimistic about the current situation in the capital, the Minister of the Interior nevertheless recalled that "any place in Ukraine can be the target of rocket fire, including Kyiv" including "the district of the presidential administration and the historic center”.

Kyiv had been the main target of the Russian army in the first days of the invasion of Moscow troops at the end of February, which occupied several localities around the capital in March, but were never able to enter the city. Russian forces withdrew from the region in early April and concentrated on Donbass and southern Ukraine.

On the war crimes imputed by Kyiv to the Russian soldiers, “there is no limitation period”, also affirmed Mr. Monastirskiï. "Each time we find these monsters, they will be held responsible" before the Ukrainian courts, he said.

According to him, "288 people have been identified and are suspected at this stage" of war crimes, said Mr. Monastirsky.

“We are working in parallel to repatriate our soldiers prisoners in Russia who are injured,” he continued.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS