Prince Harry is keen to reconcile with his brother, Prince William, and his father, King Charles III.
• To read also: After his departure, Prince Harry sees “no desire for reconciliation”
• Read also: In his first Christmas message, King Charles III advocates “solidarity”
• Read also: No apology from The Sun newspaper: Harry and Meghan are furious
In a trailer for an interview with ITV journalist Tom Bradby released on Monday (2 Jan. 23), the Duke of Sussex revealed he wanted to reconnect with his family. However, according to him, his brother and his father have “shown no desire to reconcile”.
The 38-year-old prince spoke of the tensions between them following his decision, and that of his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, to step down as senior royals at the start of 2020 and to move to the United States.
In the documentary series Harry
In the trailer for an upcoming interview for CBS, he alleged that he had been “betrayed” by his family following “briefings, leaks and spreading stories against (him) and (his) wife. ".
"The family motto is 'never complain, never explain' but that's just a motto," he told 60 Minutes presenter Anderson Cooper. “They feed or have a conversation with (a) correspondent, and that correspondent is literally given information on a platter and will write the article, and at the bottom of it they will say that they contacted Buckingham Palace for more of comments. But the whole story is commented on by Buckingham Palace. So when we've been told for six years, 'We can't release a statement to protect you,' but you do for other family members, there's a time when silence is betrayal."
Both interviews will air on January 8, two days before the release of Prince Harry's autobiography, Spare.
Buckingham Palace has still not reacted to Prince Harry's new comments.