Renfe has issued 2.2 million free Cercanías, Rodalies and Media Distancia passes since they were made available to the public, on August 24, following the measure implemented by the Government.
Of the total number of free multi-journey tickets issued, 1.6 million (71%) correspond to passes to travel in the different nuclei of Cercanías, Rodalies and Cercanías Metric Width, while the remaining 627,000 passes (29%) are for Medium Distance routes. , Renfe details in a statement.
In addition to the free subscriptions for recurring customers, Renfe has sold more than 71,000 tickets with 50% Avant discounts to be used on high-speed medium-distance services until January 31, 2023.
In these three months, in Cercanías services the average increase throughout the national territory compared to 2021 is 30.5%.
By nuclei, Madrid has grown by 25.7% compared to 2021, in Barcelona by 28.7% and in Valencia by 38.1%. In centers such as Seville, Cádiz, Bilbao or San Sebastián, the increase compared to last year is around 55%. In Malaga, Asturias or Santander, growth exceeds 60%.
The increase in MD trips in 2022 is even greater than in Cercanías, registering 6.9 million trips, 2.5 million more trips compared to 2021 (59.7% more).