MADRID, 21 Ago. (EUROPA PRESS) -
Renfe has sold 1.5 million tickets for young people between the ages of 18 and 30 thanks to the Verano Joven initiative promoted by the Government, which offers discounts of up to 90% for train or bus trips made between June 15 and September 15 of this year.
As reported by the company, 58% of the young people who have benefited from this bonus during the first two months since it came into force have used the rail services, and the rest those of the bus.
In addition, 87% of these young people who have traveled by train have done so with Renfe and the remaining 13% with other railway operators.
In a statement, the company recalled that it was the first to activate the sale of discounted tickets on June 6 and that, in addition to the discounts approved by the Government, it created an additional promotion for young people that offers a free trip to those who join the Más Renfe loyalty program and travel at least twice between June 15 and September 15.
The company has highlighted that since the discounted tickets were put on sale, registrations in 'Más Renfe' have doubled to reach an average of 3,000 daily subscriptions.
Tickets for young people between the ages of 18 and 30, both inclusive, have 50% discounts on AVE, Avlo, Alvia, Intercity and Euromed trains, with a maximum discount of 30 euros per ticket. Discounts are also 50% for Avant single tickets, and 90% for the rest of the Media Distancia or Metric Gauge network services.
Likewise, Renfe put tickets on sale on June 15 so that young people between the ages of 18 and 30 can travel around Europe with the Interrail program, with a 50% discount on the official rate. Since then, it has sold 15,500 passes to move around Europe, as reported in a press release.
Specifically, this 50% discount is applied to the Interrail Global Flexible pass, which allows you to travel 10 days over two months to all destinations in the programme.