A laminate comprises multiple layers of wood fibre. The sheets are adhered together by a process called lamination, hence the name. This type of flooring is installed using a method called the click system, where you don’t need to glue or nail the laminate. It is also known as a floating floor system. The layers comprise sponge-like fibreboards, so wetness and moisture are quickly absorbed, and eventually damage the whole flooring. But there is also waterproof laminate flooring, which contains plastic materials. It is better than the conventional type of laminate flooring for apparent reasons.
• DIY-ready. Even those who do not have flooring installation experience and skills can install this type of flooring.
• Laminates are much cheaper than solid hardwood.
• With the right care and use, laminate flooring can last up to a decade.
• It can mimic the look of real wood.
• It is suitable for heated floors.
• Existing flooring need not be removed to install laminate.
• Extremely scratch-resistant, which is perfect for homes with pets and small children.
• You can replace individual pieces, although the new ones may not match the look of the old ones.
Oak, beech and birch are just some types of wood used for hardwood flooring. The classic and timeless elegance of hardwood flooring is what entices homeowners to get it, although it also comes with a few drawbacks. Using natural wood for your flooring will add significant value to your home.
• Made of 100% wood.
• More expensive than laminate, the price of which depends on the type of wood and how rare it is.
• More durable than laminate, and with the right care, can last a lifetime and considerable wear and tear. But if flood damages hardwood floors, it may be hard to restore them if they are not given attention right away.
• Installation is more laborious and costlier, and not suitable for a DIY project.
• Not scratch-resistant. The years of wear and tear will be visible on the surface.
• The resale value of a home is higher with hardwood flooring.
• Repairing it is done by sanding and refinishing. Multiple sanding and refinishing projects throughout the years is possible without compromise the floor's appearance.
• Wood contracts and shrinks, creating gaps in between boards. It means that dirt, moisture and liquids can infiltrate underneath and create problems such as mould. Dirt can also accumulate through the gaps.
Both wood laminate and hardwood flooring have their good qualities. It is important to weigh every single factor when choosing which type you want. You don't want to regret your choice down the road, as your flooring will be there for a long time, and it will be costly to change your mind over the type of flooring that suits your home best.Image: Pixabay.com
Publish Date : 03 Eylül 2018 Pazartesi 11:55
Department store chain Barneys of applying for...
Björn Rosengren, will leave Sandvik to take...
Falling bolånemarginaler of the banks in the
The company, which is SL, the consultant worked...
What time do they close the bars, pubs and clubs...
One out of every five self-employed have at least...
19% of british companies that cut their earnings...
Employment estimated that only one out of every...
The aircraft deliveries of Boeing recorded in...
ECB torpedoed with your mini interest rates in...
Google buys jättetomt in Norway
Familjejuristen Britt-Marie Svensson, answers...
|Employment estimated that only one out of every three contracts to support entrepreneurs to survive in the present|
|The aircraft deliveries of Boeing recorded in July, its worst level since November 2008 for the 737 MAX|