(Information sent by the signatory company)
-S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy Competition 2022-2023: the Grand Finale will be held in Milan on October 4 and 5
The 15 regional finalists for the 2022-23 edition of the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy Competition have already been selected, and now the wait for the Grand Finale begins.
MILAN, Feb. 22, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy is pleased to announce the Grand Finale of the 2022-2023 S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy Competition to be held in Milan on October 4-5. The event identifies and recognizes the best young chefs in the world and celebrates the talents that can lead the evolution of the gastronomy sector.
To view the multimedia press release, click: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/9143451-san-pellegrino-young-chef-academy-competition-grand-finale-milan/
Between September 2022 and January 2023, a total of 165 young chefs from around the world participated in the exciting and highly competitive Regional Finals. A local jury of renowned chefs judged the live cooking competitions in fifteen different regions. For the first time, the regional events hosted the insightful The Brain Food Forum Curated by Fine Dining Lovers, whose aim was to provide thought-provoking ideas and reflections related to the world of gastronomy. More than 50 renowned chefs, protagonists of the international culinary community, participated in inspiring conversations in which they explored the most relevant topics in the industry.
In each regional final, four young talents were selected to advance to the Grand Finale and compete for the global prizes. The winner of the main prize of S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy Award will be announced at the Grand Final. The three secondary prizes will be announced before the Grand Finale, starting at the end of June. These are the S.Pellegrino Social Responsibility Award, whose winner will be chosen by the Sustainable Restaurant Association, the Acqua Panna Connection in Gastronomy Award, selected by the mentors of the contest, and the Food for Thought Award, voted for by the readers of Fine Dining Lovers .
Stefano Bolognese, Director of the Sanpellegrino International Business Unit, stated: "We launched the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Competition in 2015 to fuel the future of gastronomy by discovering young talents from around the world. With just the number of candidates for this 5th edition, more than 4,000 worldwide, confirming the value of the project.The Contest is also an access route to the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy.A strong global community -more than 2,000 talented chefs- with the aim of engaging chefs through of a series of activities designed to inspire, connect and create connections. The Grand Finale, which will be held in October, is a final step and a key moment in our discovery process. Sanpellegrino wishes all the finalists luck."
Contestants for the grand prize will have the opportunity to cook their signature dishes again, this time before a grand jury made up of the seven giants of international gastronomy. The prestigious jury is made up of chefs Eneko Atxa, Riccardo Camanini, Hélène Darroze, Vicky Lau, Pía León, Julien Royer and Nancy Silverton. The members of the jury will evaluate the finalists based on three golden rules: technical capacity, creativity and personal conviction, and potential of the candidates to create a positive change in society through food. On their way to the Grand Finale, the young chefs will continue to work closely with their respective mentors to perfect their recipes.
The 15 regional winners of the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy Award, locally, and their Mentors are:
1. Erick Alfredo Bautista Chacón, under the guidance of Lula Martin Del Campo, with the signature dish "Oaxaca, its land and its hands" (Latin America and the Caribbean);
2. Raúl García, under the guidance of Stefan Heilemann, on the signature dish "pike perch, mussels, artichoke, vin jaune, barigoule nage" (Western Europe);
3. Anton Lebersorger, mentored by Daniel Gottschlich with signature dish "Bresse Chicken, Schmidener Feld Carrot, Kimchi and Thai Béarnaise" (Central Europe);
4. Marcus Clayton, mentored by Lisa Goodwin-Allen, with signature dish "Celery, Apple and Mushrooms" (UK);
5. Robin Wagner, mentored by Peter Gilmore, with signature dish "Smoked Celery, Granny Smith Apple, and Crispy Taro" (Pacific);
6. Pierre-Olivier Pelletier, under the guidance of Suzanne Barr, with the signature dish "Matured and stuffed young duck with sweet grass, yellow birch syrup lacquer with cereal crunch, carotene dressing, roasted cereal sauce and verge d'or"(Canada);
7. Jet Loos, under the guidance of Dick Middelweerd, with the signature dish "Taste of the Sea" (Northern Europe);
8. Daniel Garwood, mentored by Nina Compton, with signature dish "Cured Duck and Persimmon in Tak Cheongju with Banchan Through the Eyes of a Traveler" (United States);
9. Yi Zhang, under the guidance of Stefano Bacchelli, with the signature dish "A trip to Guangxi" (Mainland China);
10. Ian Goh, mentored by Dave Pynt, with signature dish "Heirloom Lamb" (Asia);
11. Grigoris Kikis, under the guidance of Georgianna Hiliadaki, with the signature dish "The history of cod" (Southeastern Europe and Mediterranean);
12. Nelson Freitas, under the guidance of Filipe Carvalho, with the signature dish 'Crispy red mullet, sea urchin and homemade black garlic' (Iberian Countries);
13. Mythrayie Iyer, mentored by Johnson Ebenezer, with signature dish "Barter - Evolution of Indian Cuisine through the Age of Exploration" (Africa, Middle East, and South Asia);
14. Michele Antonelli, under the guidance of Andrea Aprea, with the signature dish "Twist the cauliflower" (Italy);
15. Camille Saint-M'Leux, under the guidance of Christope Bacquié, with the signature dish "Chateauneuf beef on charcoal, cuttlefish fat and smoked herring eggs" (France);
Click here to learn more about the regional finalists.
About the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy Gastronomy has the potential to transform society, shaping a more inclusive and sustainable future. But for that you need talent. That's why S.Pellegrino has created the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy, a platform to attract, connect and nurture the next generation of culinary talent. An environment that will provide them with educational, mentoring and experience opportunities, as well as notoriety for the renowned global competition.
The Academy opens its doors to members from more than 70 different countries, ensuring that talent is not constrained by geography, ethnicity or gender. It is a place where passionate young chefs interact with the most influential players in global gastronomy, and where together they cultivate an inspiring culinary community.
To know more, visit: https://www.sanpellegrinoyoungchefacadem...
About S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna S.Pellegrino, Acqua Panna and Sanpellegrino Italian Sparkling Drinks are the international trademarks of Sanpellegrino S.p.A., headquartered in Milan, Italy. Distributed in more than 150 countries through subsidiaries and distributors on five continents, these products represent, thanks to their origins, excellence in quality and have become perfect representatives of the Italian style worldwide as a synthesis of gourmets, health and welfare. Founded in 1899, Sanpellegrino S.p.A. is the leading company in the beverage sector in Italy, thanks to its range of mineral waters, non-alcoholic snacks and beverages.
Sanpellegrin has always been committed to improving this basic asset for the planet and working responsibly and passionately to ensure that this resource has its future assured.
Photo - https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2006857...Logo - https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2005247...
View original content: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spellegrino-young-chef-academy-competition-2022-2023-grand-finale-4-y-5-de-octubre-en-milan-301752027.html