The trial of Carlos Ghosn, could be deferred to 2020

The trial of the ex-CEO of Renault-Nissan Carlos Ghosn, who was supposed to open in September, will be delayed and may not take place before 2020, said on Satur

The trial of Carlos Ghosn, could be deferred to 2020

The trial of the ex-CEO of Renault-Nissan Carlos Ghosn, who was supposed to open in September, will be delayed and may not take place before 2020, said on Saturday of the japanese media. The magnate of the automobile is deposed, aged 65 years, was released on bail this week. The subject of four indictments - two for concealment of income in documents, stock, and two for different cases of breach of trust aggravated - he prepares his defence. During preliminary meetings between the prosecutor and the defense counsel, the district court of Tokyo has proposed that the trial of the industrialist franco-lebanese-brazilian open in September, according to media reports, citing unidentified sources.

" READ ALSO - Can we save the Renault-Nissan Alliance?

The court said Friday the lawyers of the defence and the prosecution that he went back on this decision without proposing a new calendar, according to the japanese news agency Kyodo News. According to her, this change would mean that the trial will not open this year. The tribunal has also decided not to separate the trial of Mr. Ghosn, his right arm Greg Kelly and Nissan, all accused of failing to declare a large part of their income, between 2010 and 2018. The lawyers of Mr. Ghosn's wish that their client be tried separately from Nissan, has been accused in the case, but virulent opponent of his former boss. They believe that this would run counter to a fair trial.

A second bail of 4 million euros

The daily newspaper Sankei Shimbun, for its part, claimed that the prosecutors have waived the right to appeal to the supreme Court against the bail of the ex-CEO. Thus, it would be more likely to return to prison at least to be re-arrested for new charges. Of information that is not, for the moment, could not be confirmed. Carlos Ghosn is out of jail Thursday night after having paid a second deposit, this time of 500 million yen (four million euros). It is also forbidden to see his wife without the permission of the court.

He had already paid a sum of one billion yen to gain the right to leave on march 6, the prison, where he had spent 108 days in the wake of his arrest initial the 19 November last year for embezzlement alleged... Le Figaro published yesterday an audit révèlant the detail of the expenditure at issue of Carlos Ghosn. Expenses of reception, such as in the Rio Carnival, or the Festival of Cannes are in the viewfinder.

Updated Date: 02 May 2019, 00:00

Kathleen Lees

Lees


Contact Details

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS