Two electricians were injured after the explosion of an electrical panel very early Monday, in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, in Montérégie.
• Read also: Montreal: start of fire in a residential building in Hochelaga
The work accident occurred shortly after 2 a.m. on rue Pierre-Caisse.
The two workers who were doing contract work attempted to reset a circuit breaker when an explosion occurred in the electrical panel.
The two victims suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns, one on the arm and the other on the body, according to local police, who said their lives were not in danger.
The Commission for Standards, Equity, Health and Safety at Work (CNESST) took charge of the file to try to determine the exact circumstances surrounding this accident.
-With Audrey Gagnon, TVA Nouvelles