Children are being served floor sealer instead of milk

Twelve children were served and ingested floor sealer instead of milk during their lunch at an Alaska day camp on Tuesday.

Children are being served floor sealer instead of milk

Twelve children were served and ingested floor sealer instead of milk during their lunch at an Alaska day camp on Tuesday.

The Juneau School District Board of Education said in a statement on its website that a chain of events led to the error that sickened 12 children and two adults.

The 14 people allegedly ingested up to 90 ml of Seal 341 floor sealer.

Those who consumed the product experienced headaches, nausea, and burning in the mouth and throat.

However, their life is not in danger.

According to the school board's preliminary investigation, a pallet of sealant was mistakenly delivered to a JSD food warehouse in the spring of 2021, along with four pallets of shelf-stable milk.

This warehouse is usually reserved for food only.

The sealants weren't used until this week when the food service that handles providing lunches to young campers ran out of milk.

The food service, NMS, sent an employee to the warehouse to pick up some.

On the morning of June 14, according to the school board's statement, three boxes of floor sealer were recovered from the warehouse.

One was delivered to the day camp food manager at Sitʼ Eeti Shaanáx̱ Glacier Valley Elementary School where sealer was served instead of milk.

The other two boxes were sent to other schools, but were not opened.

The investigation surrounding this event is continuing.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS